Monday, January 10, 2011

Married for Life

This morning as I layed all cuddled up in my nice warm bed.  I rolled over to see what time it was and as I opened my eyes and saw the book Married for Life it has been on my night stand for nearly a year now. Ben and I have enjoy reading a few pages every now and then.  
The first time I saw this book it was on a friends night stand she had told me how her Mother had given it to her as a wedding present.  I of course thumbed through the pages and knew in an instant that it was a book I wanted to read.  Since then I have given a few copies away as wedding presents and my hope is they will enjoy this book as much as I have.

So my thought this morning was to go though pick out some of the highlights to this book that I like.

So here we go.  


1. Never get too old to hold hands.

I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Psalm 73:23-24

2. Do everyting you can to express your love.

Let's not just talk about love; let's practice reall love.
This is the only way we'll know we're
living truly, living in God's reality.
1 John 3:18-19

3. Always be best friends with you partner.

This is my lover, this is my friend.
Song of Songs 5:16

4. Never consider getting "unmarried" as an option.

[Love] always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perserves.
1 Corinthians 13:7

5. Agree that it's okay to disagree.

Put up with each other.
Colossians 3:13

6. You have to like each other - Not just be able to talk,
but really communicate!

Try your best to let God's Spirt keep your hearts united.
Ephesians 4:3

7. Always be totally honest and open with each other.

An honest anwser is like a warm hug.
Proverbs 24:26

8. Don't get mad over the little things - they'll soon pass.

Love covers all wrongs.
Proverbs 10:22

9. Spend quality time together every day - even if it's just a few minutes

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

10. Don't take things too serviously

A cheerful heart is good medicine.
Proverbs 17:22

11. When you marry, commit for a lifetime.

Guard yourself; remin loyal to the wife of your youth.
Malachi 2:15

12. Marry a hard worker and a good provider.

Those who work hard will prosper and be satisfied.
Proverbs 13:4

13. Keep two cozy chairs side by side,
and enjoy time each day just sitting together.

My lover is mine, and I am his.
Song of Songs 2:16

14. Be able to compromise when there is a diffrence of oppinion.

Can two walk together, unless thye are agreed?
Amos 3:3 NKJV

15. Do things together today - you may not have tomorrow.

This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118: 24

16. Remember your vows.
They're supposed to be true.

Whenever a rainbow appears in the clouds, I will
see it and remmeber the everlasting covenant between
God and all living creatures of every kind on earth.
Genesis 9:16

17. Don't be afraid to express your affection.

Love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 1:22

18. Settle in your heart that you're going to stick it out.

I can do everything though him
who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

19. When faced with a mistake, forgive and go on.

Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
1 Corinthians 13:4

20. Do not hesitate to express to each other your
feelings and your love.

This is how God showed his love among us:
He sent his one and only Son into this world that we migh t live through him.
1 John 4:9


Enjoy!




1 comment: